- Wrote 2000 words in my new story.
- Read blogs by talented, funny, charming authors.
- Drank several cups of coffee.
- Revised a couple more chapters in the story I’m editing.
- Read Twitter.
- Re-read the email about winning the contest that I Cannot Mention.
- Sketched out a revised outline for a totally different story that’s sitting on the Rewrite bench.
- Did everything on my To Do list.
- Did anything on my To Do list.
- Wrote a blog post.
In a situation like this, there’s only one thing to do. Get the heck out of here. I’m going to go find me a Starbucks, or a reasonable facsimile thereof, and revise some more chapters. And then I’m going to come back here and update this post with a report of my success. That way, I will have to get it done.
Yes, I am using you. Shamelessly.
Update: Two more chapters revised. At least I got something done today.